Eligibility for membership of the group:
- Anyone working within the healthcare industry, with an active involvement in the organisation or provision of Medical Device related education and/or skills training will be eligible for membership of the association.
- NHS staff, including Acute, PCT and Ambulance etc whose primary job function relates to Medical Device management, deployment, use or training will be eligible to membership.
- Invitations may be extended to a range of healthcare organisation professionals with an interest in the safe and effective use of medical devices, who are concerned to ensure that staff have the necessary competencies e.g. Risk, Governance Lead, EBME, Medical Device Leads, Tissue Viability, Infection Prevention & Control, Manual Handling etc.
- Non commercial and private sector clinicians who are members of TFI can become members of the Association upon request.
- Commercial members of TFI can become associate members* upon request.
*Associate members are those members that may fall outside the membership criteria but still offer unique support or advice on Medical Device matters.
Membership of NAMDET will provide entitlement to:
- Attendance at local/regional meetings
- Access to the regional group contact list, with permission from other members of the group
- Website access, including opportunities to post items on website forums
- Access to training and teaching materials, where permissions are in place
- Access to national conference (with discounted entry)
- Consultation of national documents and reports (e.g. MHRA, NICE, Dept of Health)
To become a member of NAMDET please click here